Shared traditional rooms—double and triple occupancy—are found in Place Vanier and Totem Park where on a standard floor 25–30 residents share communal bathrooms. Orchard Commons, Place Vanier and Totem Park also have shared rooms with a shared private bathroom. Shared rooms are only available for Winter Session.
- Furnished room, communal bathroom (Place Vanier and Totem Park)
- Furnished room, shared private bathroom (Orchard Commons, Place Vanier and Totem Park)
- Single gender rooms
- Mandatory Residence Meal Plan
- In-room access to high-speed wireless internet (Wi-Fi)
- Floor lounges have TVs with basic cable
- Bed linens not included
- Photos/layouts are samples only—suites vary by location
Adjustable height twin XL (extra-long) bed*, desk, chair, desk lamp, wardrobe, bookshelf, dresser. Room amenities vary by location.
*In Compact Shared rooms the beds are bunk-style twin XL (extra-long).
High-speed wireless internet (Wi-Fi).
Use of a residence landline is optional. Additional charges apply.
Floor communities share four private shower stalls and four toilet stalls.
Each floor has a lounge with a snack kitchen and basic cable TV. The Commonsblock has fitness facilities, music rooms, study spaces and a games lounge.
UBC has been recognized internationally for its commitment to sustainable living. Many residences and rooms have many modern sustainability features designed to reduce waste, energy consumption, and water use.