- $50 non-refundable application fee required. Fee covers multiple applications submitted within a 14-day period.
- All residence offers are sent by email and include an expiry date to respond and pay a deposit.
- Separate residence applications required for UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee an offer will be made.
- Prospective undergraduates can submit a residence application after applying to UBC.
Year Round Residence—May to April
- For returning/mature students and graduate students.
- Applications accepted any time.
- Students prepared to begin occupancy at the start of May are best positioned to receive an offer.
- Applications to sublet accepted during the summer months.
Winter Session Residence—September to April*
- Mainly for new students who qualify for a guaranteed room in residence.
- Prospective UBC students can submit a residence application after applying to UBC. Apply online with Student Housing and Hospitality Services by May 1.
- A limited number of spaces are available for returning students. Application deadline: February 1.
- *Upper Year Students: Term 2 (January to April 2021) housing residence available based on availability. Applications are currently open.
- *First Year Students: Term 2 (January to April 2021) housing residence available based on availability. Please visit Eligibility for Winter Session Residence for additional application information.
Year Round Graduate Colleges—September to August
- College membership required.
Year Round Student Family Residence—ongoing
- Applications accepted any time and can be submitted before applying to and being accepted by UBC. We recommend applying early. (Offers are based on application date and availability at the desired occupancy date.)
- Additional documents will be required—birth certificates, passports, visas, etc.
- Eligibility factors determine how applicants are chosen from the waitlist.
- Maximum tenancy terms are for four years. While residents can apply for a second term, renewals are assessed in the same pool as new applications.
Summer Residence—May to August
- For UBC students and Stay Through students studying or staying on-campus until August and eligible visiting research students.
- There is an early arrival fee.
- May be required to move to different accommodation on short notice (less than 24 hours).