- $50 non-refundable application fee required. Fee covers multiple applications submitted within a 14-day period.
- All residence offers are sent by email and include an expiry date to respond and pay a deposit.
- Separate residence applications required for UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee an offer will be made.
- Prospective undergraduates can submit a residence application after applying to UBC.
Year Round Residenceâ€”May to April
- For returning/mature students and graduate students.
- Applications accepted any time.
- Students prepared to begin occupancy at the start of May are best positioned to receive an offer.
- Applications to sublet accepted during the summer months.
Winter Session Residenceâ€”September to April
- Mainly for new students who qualify for a guaranteed room in residence.
- Prospective UBC students can submit a residence application after applying to UBC. Apply online with Student Housing and Hospitality Services by May 1.
- A limited number of spaces are available for returning students. Application deadline: February 1.
Year Round Graduate Collegesâ€”September to August
- College membership required.
Year Round Student Family Residenceâ€”ongoing
- Applications accepted any time and can be submitted before applying to and being accepted by UBC. We recommend applying early. (Offers are based on application date and availability at the desired occupancy date.)
- Additional documents will be requiredâ€”birth certificates, passports, visas, etc.
- Eligibility factors determine how applicants are chosen from the waitlist.
- Maximum tenancy terms are for four years. While residents can apply for a second term, renewals are assessed in the same pool as new applications.
Summer Residenceâ€”May to August
- For UBC students and Stay Through students studying or staying on-campus until August and eligibleÂ visiting research students.
- There is an early arrival fee.
- May be required to move to different accommodation on short notice (less than 24 hours).