Welcome to Winter Session residence
We are so excited that you are going to be living in residence! Make the most of your time by following this winter session residence guide to get set up.
This guide is for students living in the following residences from September to April:
Orchard Commons | Place Vanier | Totem Park | Fairview Crescent |
Ponderosa Commons (Cedar House) | Ritsumeikan-UBC House | Walter Gage
On this page:
Here are some to-dos before moving into residence.
New to residence emails archive
Students moving into first year residence receive weekly emails from July to September. Looking for one of our older new to residence emails? No problem! Have a read through the archive below.
- July 11, 2023 | Welcome to UBC Residence!
- July 18, 2023 | Meal plans and Move In FAQs
- July 25, 2023 | The three cards you need
- August 1, 2023 | An email for your parent, guardian, family and chosen family
- August 8, 2023 | Things to do before you leave home and what to pack
- August 15, 2023 | Getting around campus, virtual tours and renter’s insurance
- August 22, 2023 | Your residence community
- August 29, 2023 | Residence standards, room switches and safety
- September 5, 2023 | Who’s who, wellbeing and the Residence Life blog
- September 12, 2023 | Resources to keep you connected—all year long!
Getting to know your residence
Living in residence is a unique experience. You may be excited and even nervous at the same time—but don’t worry, we are here to help support you as you settle in.
Take a virtual tour of our first-year residences.
Resources for parents, guardians and families
Share these resources with your parents, guardians or supporting family members.
UBC has a ton of additional resources available for students. Check out some of them below.