At UBC, parking for both campus and residence parking spaces is operated by UBC Parking.
Most parking lots and parkades are open to students, faculty, staff and campus visitors. However, some residence areas have a limited number of parking spaces available just for residents.
How do I apply for a residence parking space?
To apply for a campus parking space or join a waitlist for a residence parking space, please visit UBC Parking.
Through your Parking account you can apply, join waitlists, add or update vehicle information, and make payments.
Do you live in Acadia Park? There is a different process to apply for parking at your residence area. Learn more at Acadia Park Resources.
Top things to know about residence parking spaces.
- You can join up to four waitlists at one time.
- Find a campus or residence parking lot near your residence on the UBC Parking map.
- Be sure to select the correct waitlist for your contract type:
- Ongoing permits are for students with Year Round Housing contracts
- Winter permits are for students with Winter Session contracts (September–April)
- For 2022/23, residence parking permits are $79/month (tax exempt)
If I already have a residence parking permit, do I need to re-apply?
Residents with ongoing permits: Students with Year Round Housing contracts who already hold a permit for a residence parking space do not need to add their name to a waitlist each year. They are automatically offered a permit renewal.
Residents with winter permits: Winter Session parking permits expire at the end of April each year; to apply for a residence parking permit for the following session, students need to join a new waitlist.
If I have questions, who should I contact?
Please contact UBC Parking for any questions related to campus or residence parking spaces.