Ten Things to Do Before You Leave Home
- Buy or order bed and bath linens.
- Apply for a UBCcard if you don’t have one.
- Get renter’s insurance to protect your belongings. You may be covered under your family plan.
- Review important Residence Standards and be prepared to live by them.
- Know what services and amenities are available in residence and how to access them, especially how to use waste sorting areas that will help you live sustainably.
- Explore your options for getting to, from and around campus, including bikeshare, carshare and public transit.
- Contact your roommates online to coordinate shared items.
- When you receive your residence and room assignment, look at the residence map to locate your residence and plan your route.
- Leave your residence mailing address with family and friends.
- Know what time you’re supposed to arrive and other things to expect when moving in.
Plus, get a preview of Connect: Your Guide to Residence Life at UBC
You’ll get a copy of Connect in your residence welcome package, but check it out today to get a head start on making your time in residence a success!