UBC offers commuter students affordable overnight accommodation during Winter Session to support academic success and involvement in campus co-curricular activities.Â The Commuter Student Hostel is located in Walter Gage and available Sunday to Thursday from mid-September to the end of April (except during the holiday break) and all week during exam periods.
Commuter Student Hostel reservations
- Online reservations only.
- Reservations open in late-August for mid-September bookings.
- Credit card required to reserve a room onlineâ€”cash payment accepted at check-in.
- Check-in after 3 p.m.; checkout at 11 a.m.
- Overnight parking available for $10 + tax (space limited). Parking permit valid 3 p.m. to 11 a.m. only.
- Eight single gender units with twin XL bed and desk/chair.
- Same-day bookings accepted before 5 p.m. Maximum stay of two nights in a seven day period.
- Reservations are not available for Sunday evenings proceeding a holiday Monday, except during exam periods.
- $35/night, including taxes.
- Guests must adhere to theÂ standards of conduct outlined in the CSH Agreement.
- Bedrooms accommodate one student.
- Basic toiletries provided.
- Shared lounge space, kitchenette, and bathrooms.
- Complimentary wifi.
- Guests welcome to participate in residence events during their stay.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance. Failure to cancel in the required time period will result in a charge for the night-stay.
Walter Gage Residence Life Manager
*Phone bookings areÂ not be accepted. Please book online.