What are you applying for?
- Winter Session Residenceâ€”September to April
- Year Round Residenceâ€”typically May to April
For returning and graduate students, and student families.
- Summer Residenceâ€”May to August
For UBC students who are studying or staying on-campus for the summer or visiting research students.
Are you eligible to live in residence?
Where would you like to live?
When applying, we’ll ask you to rank room preferences. See what’s available and make a list. Rememberâ€”we try our best to accommodate these requests but cannot make guarantees.
We require a $50 non-refundable application fee. This fee will cover applications to both Year Round Residence and Winter Session Residence provided they are submitted within a 14-day period.
Do you need additional documents?
Some students will need to have additional documents ready.
- Students with disabilities must complete additional documentation demonstrating eligibility for priority access to residence.
- Applicants requesting accommodation at Green College and/or St. Johnâ€™s College must apply for membership to the colleges directly.
- Applicants to Student Family Residence must send documents for all occupantsâ€”birth certificates, visas, passports and/or medical documentationâ€”to Student Housing and Hospitality Services.
Mark your calendar
When is the best time to apply? Is there a deadline? Find out and don’t miss it.
All applicants: submit yourÂ application directly through UBC Student Housing.