To comply with B.C.’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, we keep all information about residence applicants private. Personal information received through an application will not be released to anyone outside the university without written consent from the applicant, or unless required by law.
- On the application form, applicants can consent to release private information to approved individuals such as parents, guardians, other family members, or friends.
- Applicants can revoke consent any time using the Student Service CentreÂ (update Third Party Authorizations) or by contacting Student Housing and Hospitality Services.
- Student Housing and Hospitality Services does not sell or provide lists of residentsâ€™ names or addresses to third parties.
If the applicant declines permission:
- University administration is unable to confirm or deny if this person has applied for, or is living in residence at UBC.
- Even if calling on their behalf, family member(s) or friend(s) will not receive any information about an applicant, including application status, residence assignment, or fees.
- If friends or family members don’t know or forget a student’s residence room/unit number and request this information from staff, we are not able to provide it.
For more information, contact Student Housing and Hospitality Services.