- Residence and meal plan fees are paid directly to SHHS, notÂ to your tuition account. If you have made this mistake, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- Fees vary by residence area and room type.
- Failure to pay a deposit or the first instalment of fees by the deadline indicated in your email offerÂ will lead to forfeiture of accommodation assignment.
- Charges will continue until all assigned keys are returned to the Front Desk and the checkout form is signed.
- $35 service charge on returned cheques.
- Late payment fee applies.
- Click on your residence to see the payment schedule for your residence.
- Year Round Residence (includesÂ Student Family Residence) payments are due on the first of everyÂ month and require a deposit upon offer acceptance.
- Winter Session Residence and Residence Meal Plan payments are made in three instalments: upon offer acceptance, late September and early January.
- Winter Session Term 1 payments are made in two instalments: upon offer acceptance and late September.
- Winter Session Term 2 payments are due in full upon offer acceptance.
- Summer Residence fee payments are required in one instalment for students who stay less than 60 days and two instalments for students staying 61 days or longer.
We recommend EFT and Interac payment options as the quickest and easiest way to pay your Residence and Meal Plan fees.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
If you have an account at a Canadian financial institution, you can pay your residenceÂ and meal plan fees through direct debit from your bank account.Â Log into the Student Service CentreÂ (SSC), click on “Banking Details” and enter your bank’s institution number, transit (bank branch) number, and account number.Â Once you have entered and saved your banking details, you can pay your fees by selecting “Bank Transfer” under the “Pay Fees” menu.Â All payments will be applied to your UBC account immediately upon successful transaction and payment information will be forwarded to your financial institution.
InteracÂ® Online is available via the Student Service Centre (SSC) or via the Student Housing and Hospitality Services (SHHS) Online Service Centre. You will need to have an account with online banking at one of the following Canadian financial institutions:Â Scotiabank, Royal Bank, BMO, and TD Canada Trust.Â NOTE: VISA Debit Cards cannot be used to make an Interac payment online at UBC.
Online Banking Bill Payment
Bill payment via online banking is now available for residence and meal plan fees. Make a bill payment from your Canadian online bank account by adding a Payee â€śUBC Student Housing and Meal Planâ€ť. Your account number at UBC is your student number. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing. This service is currently available at Scotiabank, HSBC Canada, BMO, RBC, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, and Credit Unions in British Columbia. This will expand to additional Canadian banks in future, so please check back for updates.
Cheque, Cash, Debit, Money Order
Make cheque payable to UBC and include your name, UBC ID and residence address on the back of the cheque. Pay in-person atÂ Student Housing and Hospitality ServicesÂ Main OfficeÂ by theÂ required deadline. Receipts are given upon request. Travellerâ€™s cheques and post-dated cheques are not accepted.Â Please note Debit Visa and Debit Mastercard cards issued by a U.S. or other international bank are not accepted.
Effective June 6, 2018, UBC no longer accepts wire transfers for:
- Student housing fee instalments
- Meal plan payments
- Tuition and fees
To pay with international currency, please use International Funds Transfer.
International Funds Transfer
UBC has chosen Western Union Business Solutions, the worldâ€™s largest specialist in global business payments, to provide a simple, low cost method of paying fees in your own currency. Access Western Union International Funds Transfer via theÂ MyFinancial Account inÂ the Student Service Centre (SSC). Instructions can be found under International Funds Transfer at the UBC Student Services website.
NOTE: Payments should be made three days earlier than the due date. Western Union locks in the exchange rate for 72 hours, after which a new exchange rate is applied.
Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard)
Pay byÂ credit card through the Student Housing and Hospitality ServicesÂ Online Service CentreÂ for:
- Residence and residenceÂ meal plan fees
- Assessment and late fees
- Early arrival and extension fees
Please note that a non-refundable 1.75% convenience fee will be applied to online credit card payments for the above items.
- Residence application fees
- Residence and residence meal plan acceptance deposits
- Residence room transfer fees
- Savings Plus and UBCCard meal plans
- JumpStart application fees and acceptance deposits
- UBC childcare applicationÂ and ongoing fees
- Food and other merchandise at UBC Food ServicesÂ locations across campus