Last updated: Thursday, April 2, 4:42 pm
Along with UBC, Student Housing is planning and responding to the global progression of the COVID-19 virus. This page includes our current and ongoing response to this extraordinary situation and our efforts to protect the health and safety of our community.
UBC is regularly receiving and proactively responding to updated information from both the Provincial Medical Health Office, BC Centre for Disease Control, Ministry of Health and the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority.
First and foremost, student residences currently remain open. We are committed to continuing to provide services and amenities that help create a healthy, safe and supportive community environment to the very best of our abilities.
In response to COVID-19, we have taken the additional following measures:
- Additional signage in community and public washrooms and throughout residence buildings reminding residents, staff and visitors to wash their hands
- Hand sanitizer dispensers in each Commonsblock and the residence dining rooms
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing.
- Residence staff trained to refer residents with cold or flu-like symptoms to HealthLink BC at 8-1-1, Student Health Services or their own health care professional
- Limited number of self-isolation units set aside for residents who are not local and have been directed by their health professional to self-isolate
- Fitness rooms are closed
- Outdoor recreational areas are closed
Please check this page regularly for important updates. We also encourage you to stay up-to-date at www.ubc.ca where you will find FAQs with additional resources and information.