Parking spots for residents are allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Here’s how it works:
- After accepting your residence offer, use the Online Service CentreÂ to apply for a space in a Residence Lot operated by Student Housing and Hospitality Services.
- If you secure a space in the Residence Lot you applied for, we’ll email your parking assignment, issue a parking pass when you move in, and add fees to your account monthly. Be sure to review parking policies in your Residence Contract.
- If there is no available space in your preferred lot, you’ll be assigned a space in the next closest Residence Lot and be notified by email. See Residence Map.
- If the Residence Lot to which you are assigned does not meet your needs, apply for a space operated by UBC Parking.
|Acadia Park||Apply for a space operated by UBC Parking.|
|Fairview Underground||At Fairview Crescent, near Fraser Hall.||$74/month||$42/month|
|Thunderbird Underground||At Thunderbird, near Totem Park, Orchard Commons, Rits-UBC, Marine Drive, Ponderosa Commons, St. John’s College.||$74/month||$42/month|
|T-Lot||Totem Park residents get priority.||$74/month||$42/month|
|V-Lot||Limited. Place Vanier residents only.||$74/month||Unavailable|
|M-Lot||Limited. Marine DriveÂ residents only.||$74/month||Unavailable|
|Gage Underground||At Walter Gage, near Iona House, Brock Commons – Tallwood House, Green College.||$74/month||$42/month|
|Gage Surface||At Walter Gage, near Iona House, Brock Commons – Tallwood House, Green College.||$74/month||$42/month|
Lots operated by UBC Parking
There are many options around campus. These are just a few near our residences. Rates and policies for these lots are determined by UBC Parking.
|West Parkade||Near Marine Drive, Ponderosa Commons, Place Vanier.||See UBC Parking|
|Near Marine Drive, Ponderosa Commons, Place Vanier.||See UBC Parking|
|Surface Lots||Many located around campus.||See UBC Parking|
Residence Lot Terms & Conditions
- Parking spaces are allocated for one registered vehicle for which the student must be listed as the primary driver.
- Residents cannot use their allocated parking space for a second vehicle, or for parking friends or visitors.
- Unregistered vehicles may, without notice, be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Residents attempting to transfer their allocated parking space will have their assignment cancelled and will forfeit their parking fees.