UBC offers commuter students affordable overnight accommodation during Winter Session to support academic success and involvement in campus co-curricular activities. The Commuter Student Hostel is located in Walter Gage and available Sunday to Thursday from mid-September to the end of April (except during the holiday break) and all week during exam periods.
Reservations & info
How to make a reservation
- Reservations open in mid-September.
- Please visit the online reservation system to book your room. (Online reservations only; we are unable to make reservations by phone.)
- Same-day bookings are accepted before 5 pm. Maximum stay of two nights in a seven day period.
- Reservations are not available for Sunday evenings that precede a holiday Monday, except during exam periods.
Rates and payment
- The rate is $39.99 per night, including taxes.
- A credit card is required to reserve a room online. However, credit card, debit card or cash payment is accepted at check-in.
- Overnight parking may be available for an additional $16 per night, including taxes. Parking permits are only valid from 3 pm to 11 am.
- Each bedroom accommodates one student.
- Basic toiletries are provided.
- Shared lounge space, kitchenette and bathrooms.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Guests are welcome to participate in residence events during their stay.
- Check-in is after 3 pm; checkout is at 11 am.
- There are eight single-gender units with twin XL bed, plus desk and chair.
- Guests must adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Commuter Student Hostel (CSH) Agreement.
- As per the August 25, 2021 Public Health Order, non-medical masks are required in all indoor commons areas of the CSH.
Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance. If you cancel less than 48 hours prior to your reservation, you will be charged for one night’s stay.