Check out the arrival instructions for Walter Gage below—and don’t miss our orientation video for students moving into upper-year residence!
A construction project on Wesbrook Mall has resulted in some road closures that impact the ability to access Walter Gage Residence. Please enter the UBC campus via University Blvd or W 16th Ave only.
Arriving by taxi?
Your taxi driver can drop you off at Walter Gage Residence, where you’ll check in.
Arriving by bus?
Once you arrive at the campus bus loop the easiest way to get to Walter Gage Residence is to walk. It’s about a 4-minute walk.
Arriving by car?
Once you arrive at UBC, make your way to the Gage underground parking entrance located at the intersection of Walter Gage Rd and Wesbrook Mall, at sqimək̓ʷ leləm̓ (Octopus House).
- You may arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your check in time.
- Once you arrive at the underground parking, be prepared to show our staff a copy of your express check in confirmation.
Staff will provide you with an unloading pass, then direct you to park and visit the check-in desk where you will get your keys and arrival package.
You will then be able to sign out a cart to assist in unloading your belongings.
- Our staff will provide you with directions to walk from the underground parking to the Walter Gage Commonsblock, where you can then enter the residence and unload your belongings.
- If you live in the East, North or South towers, you will be able to show the express sticker on your check in package to receive express access to the elevators.
- You must finish unloading your vehicle by the end of your timeslot. Our staff will contact you to ensure you complete this in time.
Once your vehicle is empty, you must exit the area and park at the North Parkade for the remainder of the day.Download a Move In Day Map
What if I arrive late?
If you arrive outside of your check in timeslot, you will not be able to participate in our express check in process. If you arrive before 4 pm, our staff will direct you to park in an available spot outside of Walter Gage Residence. You can then go directly to the front desk to check in.
Arriving after 4 pm? No problem! When you arrive, go directly to the Walter Gage residence front desk to check in.
If you have questions that aren’t answered above or in our Move In Day guide, please contact us.