- $50 non-refundable application fee required. Fee covers multiple applications submitted within a 14-day period.
- All residence offers are sent by email and include an expiry date to respond and pay a deposit.
- Separate residence applications required for UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee an offer will be made.
- All students can apply online with Student Housing and Hospitality Services.
- Prospective undergraduates can open a residence application while applying to UBC and will receive further instructions to complete the application.
Year Round Residence—May to April
- For returning/mature students and graduate students.
- Applications accepted any time.
- Students prepared to begin occupancy at the start of May are best positioned to receive an offer.
- Applications to sublet accepted during the summer months.
Winter Session Residence—September to April
- Mainly for new students who qualify for a guaranteed room in residence.
- Prospective UBC students can open a residence application when applying to UBC before January 31 or apply online with Student Housing and Hospitality Services by May 1.
- A limited number of spaces are available for returning students. Application deadline: February 1.
Year Round Graduate Colleges—September to August
- College membership required.
Year Round Student Family Residence—ongoing
- Applications accepted any time. We recommend applying early and agree to begin occupancy as soon as possible.
- Additional documents will be required—birth certificates, passports, visas, etc.
- Eligibility factors determine how applicants are chosen from the waitlist.
Summer Residence—May to August
- For UBC students studying or staying on-campus until August and eligible visiting research students.
- There is an early arrival fee.
- May be required to move to different accommodation on short notice (less than 24 hours).